Any dog age 4 months or older must have a license. The dog owner must provide proof of rabies and proof of altering* (if applicable).
*Altered = spayed or neutered
License year - October 1 through September 30.
Hunting - small game, big game, muzzleloading requires a previous hunting license or hunter education certificate.
Trapping - trapping or junior trapping requires a previous trapping license or trapper education course.
Bowhunting - bowhunting or junior archery requires both hunting (see above) and bowhunting training.
- New York State residents are entitled to combination, junior trapping, senior, or individual resident licenses.
- DMV license identification
- Affidavit plus criteria (where do you vote?)
- Non-residents can purchase only non-resident licenses, except for junior archery and junior hunting licenses
- Junior archery and junior hunting provide the same privilege at same price to both residents and non-residents.
|$5.00||Senior Annual Hunting, age 70+ or military disability* (40% or greater)|
|5.00||Adolescent Annual Hunting (ages 12-15)|
|22.00||Regular Annual Hunting (small and big game)|
|5.00||Adolescent and Senior Trapping (ages 12-15 and 70+)|
|15.00||Bowhunting (Regular Annual Hunting license req’d)|
|15.00||Muzzleloading (Regular Annual Hunting license req’d)|
|10.00||Deer Management Permit|
|5.00||Jr. Trapping (12-15 years)|
|4.00||Jr. Bow Hunting (12 - 15 years)|
|10.00||Deer Management Permit (No fee ages 12-15)|
*See NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Hunting & Trapping Guide
Fees vary depending on tag or permit needed.
Any person 16 years or older must obtain a fishing license. A New York State driver’s license is needed to prove residency. Licenses are valid one year from the date of purchase.
|$25.00||Annual Age 16-69|
|5.00||Annual Age 70+ and Military/Disabled with a 40% or More Disability|
|12.00||7 day license (must be consecutive) 16+|
|5.00||1 day 16+|
|28.00||7 day license (must be consecutive) 16+|
|10.00||1 day 16+|
Lifetime Fishing Licenses: Available to New York State Residents Only
|$460.00||Lifetime Fishing Age 0-69|
|65.00||Lifetime Fishing Age 70+|
Age: Marriages of minors under eighteen years of age is prohibited. If either applicant is under 18 years of age, a marriage license cannot be issued. More information can be found at the NYS Dept of Health website: https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/4210/.
Proof of Age
Two forms of ID are required, each showing date of birth. This office requires a Certified Copy of Birth Certificate and one other form. The following are acceptable documents to support information submitted by marriage license applicants:
- Driver's License
- Non-Driver's License
- Naturalization Papers
- Military ID Card
- Employer's Photo ID (must have birth date)
- Baptismal or other Church Record established by one year of age.
For previous marriages, the following is required:
- Certified Copy of Death Certificate if last marriage ended in death
- Certified Copy of Divorce Decree or Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage for any or all marriage(s) ended in divorce.
License Fee and Requirements
- 24 hour waiting period
- License is valid for 60 days beginning the day after it is issued
- Any and all divorce decrees or certificates of dissolution of previous marriages are necessary
- $40 license fee
- $10 certified copy of license
These requirements are per the New York State Department of Health, Vital Records Section.
3809 County Route 51
Hannacroix, NY 12087
Phone: (518) 756-6671
Ext. 2: Tax Office
Ext. 4: Town Court
Ext. 5: Town Clerk: Barb Finke
Ext. 6: Zoning/Planning/Building: Allan Jourdin & Marjorie Loux
Ext. 7: Town Supervisor: Jeff Ruso
Ext. 8: Assessor: Dawn DeRose
Fax: (518) 756-8880
Phone: (518) 756-2078
Fax: (518) 756-3078
Phone: (518) 756-2079
Court Clerk: Lynne Layman-Wallace & Asia Irizarry
Greene County Sheriff
Phone: (518) 756-3300